How To Pick The Best Electric Toothbrush
Pick The Best Electric Toothbrush
Electric toothbrush provides a different kind of experience compared to brushing with regular toothbrush or manual toothbrush. It provides a sense of sophistication and ease on maintaining your oral hygiene. Now, more and more people love it because of its different kind of action. You can choose either the simple type or the more complicated one. Choosing the perfect electric toothbrush for you is easy if you know the different types you can find in the market and their differences.
Major types of electric toothbrush
Electric toothbrush is simply divided into three major types. They are:
- Vibrating. This is used just like the manual toothbrush.
- Rotating-Oscillating. This toothbrush is so easy to use. Since it is already rotating, you just have to move it from teeth to teeth. The effort on brushing is lesser compared to the vibrating type. You can also set the action into counter-rotation while brushing. This type includes some of Oral-B
- Side to side- These move side to side at a very high speed that it makes them vibrate against your teeth. This type is the Sonicare from Phillips.
- Complete action. These are electronic toothbrushes that are dual heads. The first head rotates while the other moves from side to side.
The latest development on electric toothbrushes is the sonic and ultrasonic movement. This is believed to breakdown plaque easily. It was in 1992 that the US FDA approved the use of this type of electric toothbrush as daily home use.
With its fast action, manufacturers advertised it as a powerful tool to remove food debris and stubborn plaque around the teeth and gums as well as between teeth by using only the mixture of toothpaste and a little bit of water and saliva in the mouth.
Electric toothbrush is invented to make your daily brushing routine easier compared to the conventional manual toothbrush. Here are other advantages why you should want to buy them:
- It moves on its own. You do not have to give too much effort to brush your teeth.
- It has built-in timer. You can set it on the ideal length of time on brushing your teeth.
- It is more exciting to use. Children are thrilled of the different speeds of movement. You can easily persuade them to brush with the sophisticated characteristics of the electric toothbrush.
There are also downsides in having an electronic toothbrush. These are:
- Its battery needs to be charged.
- It breaks easily. You have to use a special casing for it especially if you are travelling a lot.
- It is expensive. Compared to a manual tooth brush. The good ones are far pricier.
- The replaceable heads are pricier than a regular toothbrush, so better to buy in packs to save more.
Points to consider before buying the perfect electric tooth brush
If you are planning to change your toothbrush from manual to electric, here are the things you have to look for:
- Free case protector that comes along with it. It ensures that your toothbrush will be safeguarded from having dents and cracks during travelling.
- Small head. This will enable you to reach the back molars easily, as well as force you to brush one tooth at a time.
- Long-lasting battery life. You want your toothbrush to work for a longer time. Frequent charging of batteries can be a hassle for some individuals.
- Comfortable movements. It does matter which type of electric toothbrush to pick. Be sure that you are comfortable with whatever action of toothbrush you want to pick and ask your dentist which one they recommend and why. Also do your own homework.
Electric toothbrush gives you a better experience to have a cleaner, healthier mouth. Finding the best one for you is just a matter of some research to keeping your teeth and gums healthy.
In our office and many other dental offices, recommend Rotadent electric toothbrushes. We believe it is one of the best electric toothbrushes you can get. They have several advantages.Rotadent Electric Toothbrush