Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions about Veneers that You Should Know
Cosmetic dental procedures are greatly sought out to achieve a perfect smile. One of the most famous cosmetic procedures besides teeth whitening is Dental Veneers. But you can’t just go to any dentist who claims they can do dental veneers. Also, you need to make sure you are a good candidate for them. Porcelain veneers can make a huge difference in your smile and your appearance, as well as your self-esteem.
Here are some FAQs that might help you with your decision:
- What are Dental Veneers? Veneers are considered to be a cosmetic dental procedure where a thin layer of porcelain is fabricated and bonded over your tooth surface.
- How are dental veneers made? Veneers are made from porcelain or composite materials in a dental lab by a dental technicians. Composite veneers however can be done by your dentist directly in your mouth.
- What are the tooth problems that can be corrected by veneers? Veneers are best if you have tooth discoloration, worn enamel, uneven teeth alignment, spacing or gaps and cracked or chipped teeth.
- How would you know if veneers are suitable for you? Dental veneer is a very personalized procedure. Your Dentist will have to take under consideration the color, shape and size of your teeth before doing the procedure. He or she will make use of a teeth color chart to distinguish the color of your teeth. He or she will then take an impression of your teeth and send it to a dental technician to have your veneers done.
- What are the processes involved to have your veneer done? First, your dentist might prepare your teeth by removing a thin layer of your tooth structure. Then, your dentist will take an impression of your teeth and have the veneer fabricated by a dental technician. You may or may not be given a temporary veneer to wear until your custom made veneer is done and ready to be placed in your mouth. Your custom made veneer will then be bonded to your teeth using resin cements.
- What are the benefits of having a dental veneers? In general, veneers can make your smile beautiful. They are very natural, done right, you can not tell the difference from natural teeth. It also helps in protecting your tooth surface. They are very easy to take care of.
- How much would this procedure cost you? In average, it would cost you around $900 to $2500 for porcelain veneer and $250 to $1500 for composite. Porcelain last up to 15 years while composite will last up to 7 years depending on how you take care of them. Now of course you can find offices who offer special discounts and get really great deals.
- Is dental veneer the only option you got for achieving a perfect smile? No, there are a lot more cosmetic procedures that you can consider. It would depend on the condition of your teeth or tooth. A thorough examination will determine just what kind of procedure you have to go through for your perfect smile.
- Are the procedure for dental veneers covered by insurance? In general with cosmetic dentistry, most dental insurances will not cover this procedure. But some dental insurances may cover for some functional level for this procedure like misaligned teeth or dental caries .
- What is the difference between no-prep veneer and the traditional veneer? Traditionally, before you go through this procedure, you would have to have your teeth or tooth structure prepped, which means a thin layer of the enamel is removed. Traditional veneers also require anesthetic. A no-prep veneer, as the name implies, does not involve any removal of the enamel, and because of that, no anesthesia is required. Your dentist will let you know which one will enhance your smile and give you that perfect smile.
dental veneers purposes to learn more about what dental veneers can do.
Here is a great video going over what dental veneers can be used for, what problems they will fix and lots of great before and after photos:
Please let us know if you have any other questions about dental veneers that was not addressed here and we will be happy to answer them. You can also email us or call us with any questions. You can also take advantage of our FREE COSMETIC CONSULTATION to see if you are a candidate for this cosmetic procedure.
By: Ladan Zinati
Top 10 Many Frequently Asked Questions regarding Oral Veneers | St James Dental GroupJuly 19, 2015
[…] FAQ on dental veneers, read more […]